Rope jumping has become part of many types of fitness trainings. Fifteen minutes of jumping rope burns about 200 calories, depending of the speed of the jumping and your weight.
Tips for jumping rope:
- Make sure your rope has the appropriate length.
- Wear appropriate shoes
- Shoulders should be relaxed all the time and you should keep your knees close to your body.
- Do not jump too high, and turn the rope with your hands, not with whole arms.
- Warm 5 to 10 minutes with lighter activities and stretch out before you start jumping the rope.
- If you have more than 40 years (for women) or more than 50 years (for men), consult your doctor before you start with the activities.
- Start with lower intensity and shorter period of jumping, with pauses in between. In time you should reduce the pauses and increase the intensity of the jumping. Your goal is to jump for at least 15 minutes.