Forget the rigorous diets and try healthy weight loss using a proper and balanced diet and exercise. This is the most important advice from Jilian Michaels, a professional fitness trainer. The popular American girl, which is known for the show “The Biggest Loser”, has created a lot of fitness programs for body shaping and has written several books with tactics and tips for weight loss.
Her long carrier includes these following recommendations:
1. Follow the “80:20” rule. Daily, 80% of the food we eat should be healthy, and 20% of the calories can be from your favorite meals. In that way you will not feel like you’re deprived your favorite food and you will have more strength to resist the temptation.
2. Eat one orange every day or grapefruit or lemon. Vitamin C reduces the secretion of cortisol, a hormone which advises the body to store fat. Include at least a few pieces of grapefruit in the breakfast.
3. Eat more turkey / chicken / fish. These meats are a great source of healthy proteins that will help you to preserve the feeling of satiety. They consist of amino acids that are the basis for building the muscles.
4. Order wisely in a restaurant. Order without reading the menu. All restaurants have the basic foods that are good for the line – chicken steak or fish, salad, vegetable mix.
5. Drink water until your urine looks like lemonade. Hydration can reduce the hunger and speed up the metabolism by 3%.
6. Say “YES” to the black chocolate. Women cannot live without sweets. The black chocolate contains more than 60-70% cocoa, and it is an excellent choice for satisfying the uncontrollable desire for sweets. Moderate consumption of dark chocolate is recommended in the process of weight loss, mainly because it contains a lot of antioxidants.
7. Stand up and move around whenever you have the opportunity. Standing up burns 1.5 times more calories than sitting.