There is no man who does not know that smoking is harmful for health. Because of that fact, some people choose to stay away from this vice, but often people disregard the fact that cigarettes can be deadly and continue to enjoy in every smoke.
On the other hand, today more and more smokers are trying to quit smoking. Some of them because of finances and some of them because they want to protect their health and their loved ones.
If you are one of the people who want to quit smoking, we offer a few helpful tips that will help you discard cigarettes from your life forever.
First and most important is to know that quitting is difficult, but not impossible. Millions of people around the world each year are giving up from this harmful habit. You need to have a strong motivation, will and be persistent.
1. Be optimistic about your decision. Avoid negative thoughts that quitting is difficult, because it can put you under stress before you begin.
2. Write all reasons that are affecting on your decision to become a nonsmoker. When you write them on paper, you will see what you get if you get rid of this vice.
3. Choose a strong reason why you want to quit. The fact that smoking is harmful to your health is not enough and probably is not going to keep you away from cigarettes. It is necessary to have a powerful personal reason. Maybe it will be your desire to protect your loved ones from the effects of passive smoking, the fear of lung cancer or the desire for a better look of your face and teeth.
4. Start with changes in your lifestyle. Exercise more often, drink more fluids, do not smoke in your home or car. All this is a good start, which will bring you on track.
5. Pick a date. This date should be important to you and you should not change it. It may be your birthday, a holiday or something else. Therefore, it will be easier for to track how much time you are non-smoker and one more reason to celebrate that day.
6. Bet with a friend or partner that you can quit smoking. That will give you more reasons to stand on the word, and can further motivate you to prove that you have a strong character.
7. Tell your loved ones that you are giving up from smoking. It is important to get the necessary support before and especially after the quitting