Although it is one of the most used spices in the world, it is most widely used in Italian cuisine. Many believe that oregano is even healthier than oranges, apples and blueberries. It contains numerous minerals such as copper, niacin and beta carotene.
Oregano has been used in human nutrition for a long time. It is known for its antioxidant characteristics and strong and pleasant aroma.
Here are the 10 reasons to start using oregano in your food:
1. It strengthens the immune system
2. Improves respiratory health
3. It possesses strong antibacterial and antiviral characteristics
4. Oregano contains thymol and carvacrol which are helpful for upset stomach and in digestion improvement. If you have problems with digestion, mix 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water or juice and drink it.
5. Oregano oil can be used locally for treating skin infections, such as the occurrence of skin itching and irritation of the gums.
6. Oregano oil is useful in sinus treating. In a cup of water add 2-3 drops of the oil and consume it once per day. You may notice improvement after 3-5 days.
7. Oregano is rich in fiber
8. Oregano boost sweating when someone has a high temperature
9. Oregano possesses antioxidant characteristics and plays a significant role in the prevention of many forms of cancer and slows down aging.
10. When oregano is used as a hot infusion it alleviates muscles and stomach pain and cramps.